Classification and Compensation
How to establish new grant funded positions?
- Review the grant employment descriptions.
- Review the grant titles and pay ranges.
- Prepare requisition in PeopleAdmin.
- Submit a copy of the completed grant employment job description, organization chart for the department, and a brief justification memo explaining the new position’s job duties and responsibilities along with the requisition.
NOTE: Your department has 30 days from the new hire date to submit a completed Job Analysis Form for the position to Human Resources.
How to request a reclassification audit to change the title of a grant funded position?
Please attach to the audit requisition in the PeopleAdmin system:
- An updated Job Analysis Form reflecting the position’s current duties.
- An organizational chart for the department.
- A brief justification memo explaining the changes to the position’s job duties and responsibilities.
- UPPS 04.04.11 | University Classification and Compensation
- University Pay Plan | Access faculty, staff, grant, and student titles along with pay ranges and job descriptions.
- Faculty and Academic PCR Resources
- FLSA Guidelines | This resource can help the hiring manager determine the appropriate FLSA classification.
- UPPS 04.04.16 | University policies related to overtime and State compensatory time.
It is very important that the university remain in compliance with federal overtime law and that it appropriately compensate employees who work more than 40 hours in a week.