At times throughout your employment, there may be instances when you are required to verify your wage or employment history. These instances include; securing a mortgage, buying a car, or providing information to a government agency for a social service entitlement.
To facilitate these transactions, Texas State University has partnered with i2Verify and securely transmits information to i2Verify to fulfill wage and employment verifications.
What is i2Verify?
i2Verify is a leading provider of employment and income verifications which provides immediate access to employment and wage data. It is used by lenders, property managers, pre-employment screeners, social service agencies, and others who need to verify your employment status or income.
How does it work?
It’s simple. If an organization needs to verify your wage or employment history, simply direct them to i2Verify at www.i2verify.com. i2Verify will then register the requestor, validate that they have your consent, as well as a permissible purpose to view your data.
i2Verify is also available to all employees, free of charge. You can generate your own verification reports and letters on demand.
When should I use i2Verify?
Employment verifications are requested by external entities for use in extending credit (e.g., mortgage or car loans), screening tenants for rental leases, conducting employment background checks, and granting social service entitlements.
i2Verify can complete employment verifications for all current employees, and former Texas State University employees who separated after Dec. 16, 2018.
What information will verifiers receive?
i2Verify provides different types of verifications for different purposes. For example, if you are looking to rent an apartment, your landlord may want to verify your current employment. A mortgage company will typically need to verify your income before providing you with a loan. i2Verify can meet each of these needs.
Commonly requested information includes pay/pay history, hire date, job title, department, and employment history.
*Note: NO information is shared unless a signed release is received from the employee/former employee.
Resources for Users
- Visit the i2Verify website at www.i2Verify.com. Click on "For Employees" in the middle of the home page and follow the next link to “Create An Account”; alternatively select “Login” from the top right and follow the prompts to set up an account.
- Indicate that you are a current employee by answering the question "Which of the following best describes the purpose of the account you're creating." with "I am a current or former employee of a company that uses your system."
- Follow the registration steps to register and activate your account. Please note, it is recommended to use your personal email address and not your work email address. This will allow you to continue using i2Verify in the event that you leave your employment.
- You need to log in with your email address and password and provide a 2-factor authentication code.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will have several options. These include:
- New Employment Report: From here you can instantly obtain an Employment Verification Report or an Employment Verification Letter
- Permission Keys: Permission keys allow you to add an additional level of security to the employment verification process. If you activate the option to require permission keys, all non-government verifiers will require your permission prior to being granted access to your data. This permission comes in the form of a permission key that only you can generate.
- View Past Reports
- Block or unblock access to your data: You have to ability to block access to your data for all non-government verifiers.
What advantages does i2Verify offer?
i2Verify automates the verification process by instantly and securely delivering employment information that requestors such as banks or government agencies rely on to make credit granting or benefit entitlement decisions (mortgages, loans, etc.).
Utilizing i2Verify for employment and wage verification will benefit Texas State employees in multiple ways:
Reduced turnaround time: Employees and verifiers no longer need to contact HR for verification requests. Employees are able to generate their own reports and letters on demand, as many times as needed and free of charge. Properly credentialed verifiers, such as banks or mortgage companies, can also securely access employment verification data at any time. By eliminating the need for internal verifications through our systems, i2Verify reduces the turnaround time associated with employment or wage verification.
Pro-active verifier screening, credentialing, and auditing: Each company requesting a verification on your behalf is properly vetted and credentialed which makes i2Verify’s employment verification process very secure. Not only does i2Verify validate the identity of all users of its system prior to allowing access to sensitive employee data, but a complete audit trail of every verification is created and then is made available to employees.
Transparency and visibility into data: Through the i2Verify employee portal, employees are allowed complete visibility into the verification process. Employees can block access to their data, generate their own reports, or choose to be notified when someone views their data.
Dedicated support team and consistent SLAs: We are assigned a six-person dedicated service team. This service team will be responsible for the implementation, management, and monitoring of all Service Level Standards.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where should inquiries be directed for prior state service, eligible leave balances, and teacher service records?
Prior state service, eligible leave balances, and teacher service records should be directed to Texas State University Human Resources.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 5.1942
Please allow at least five business days for a response.
Texas State University Hiring Managers who are promoting/hiring/moving an applicant within the University and seeking employment verification should submit an Employee Records Request.
Student employment records are covered by FERPA. If you are requesting student employment records, please submit the Student Written Authorization FERPA form to i2Verify.
Please direct all subpoenas and Open Records Requests for current or former Texas State University employees to TSUS Office of General Counsel.
- Email: TSUSGenCoun@txstate.edu
- Fax: 5.9633
TSUS Office of General Counsel
Texas State University
601 University Drive, JCK 1040
San Marcos, Texas 78666
1040 J.C. Kellam
601 University Drive
San Marcos, Texas 78666